Body System Solutions Library

The Nutritional Herbalist

How Your Body Actually Works

A plain-English library organized by body system. What each one is built from, what the research supports, and where the evidence is thinner than people say.

This isn't organized by diagnosis, and that's on purpose. I'm not here to tell you what to take for something you've been diagnosed with. That belongs with your doctor. What I can do is explain how a system works and what it's made of, so you can think about your own food with better information.

Every entry has a section called What this doesn't show. Read those first if you want to know whether to trust the rest.

This library is organized by how the body works, not by diagnosis.

I can't tell you what to take for a diagnosed condition, and I wouldn't want to. That conversation belongs with your physician, who knows your history and your medications.

What I can do is help you understand the system involved. Browse the cards below, or try searching a nutrient instead. Bring what you learn to your appointment. Someone who walks in with good questions gets a better visit.

If something feels urgent, please don't research it. Call your doctor, or go to the emergency room.

Nothing matched. Try a nutrient name, or clear the filters.

Disclaimer. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This library is general education only. It is not medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and it does not replace care from a licensed physician. I am a Nutritional Herbalist and a wellness educator, not a doctor. Nothing here is intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Do not start, stop, or change any medication or supplement based on anything here.

Sources. Links go to the NIH Office of Dietary Supplements, PubMed, the Cochrane Library, and the Linus Pauling Institute. Where the research disagrees, I've said so. If you find something here that's out of date, tell me and I'll fix it and date the change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Gluten Hides in Your Herbal Cabinet

The Six Essential Oils That Burn